Pages

Wedding dress number two?


Yup I did it, I tried on another wedding dress after I purchased my hella expensive wedding dress. Why you ask? Easiest way to put it is because I can and wanted to. Even though they all said, don't do it! - you'll regret it, if you put it on and love it what then?!... I didn't listen to them and I'm very happy I didn't.

Finding my dress was probably my FAVORITE part of this entire wedding planning process. You get to put on gorgeous gowns that cost way too much money and feel like a princess. I had so much fun and it all happened all so quickly that I found myself second guessing my first choice.

Don’t get me wrong, I loved my dress when I first put it on I mean I practically yanked it off the rack, so that wasn't the issue. I guess I felt like it happened so quickly that I didn't know if I should've tried on more gowns before finally deciding on my dress.

I mean I did have the most perfect moment when I put my dress on and said yes (which I will get into after the wedding) that I was scarred I got caught up in it all and didn't take the time to really look more, but then again if you know you know right? Well… not always…

Now we're down to the wire and I mean 3 weeks out kinda wire. I already changed my headpiece last week so while I was at the trunk show I spotted it. It was a real show stopper even on the rack- can we take a moment, what is with me and grabbing dresses off a rack like it’s going to be stolen from me or something geez girl relax?!- Anyways- It was an Eve of Milady ball-gown, but not just any ball-gown the kind that I dreamt of when I was a little girl playing Cinderella and looking at Bride’s magazine because at the age of 5 I knew I wanted to get married. It was that kinda ball gown.


I spotted it and I fell in love I didn't care about the price, honestly I didn't care about anything all I knew was that I loved this dress. I left the shop without putting it on because they all say, don't put on another dress after youve already said yes to your dress! Well I never listen to anyone so as soon as I left the city I called up the shop to setup an appointment. That night I couldn't stop thinking about it. I tossed and I turned all night long just thinking about the possibility of getting this gown. 

The next day when went to the shop and put it on it was perfect. Needed some tailoring at the waist, but pretty much perfect. I felt like Cinderella, BUT I had this feeling come over me almost a sadness. I kept thinking about my other gown and how I wouldn't get to wear it as much. I pushed down the feeling because this gown was stunning, but that feeling kept popping back up like a little voice inside my head saying I'd regret it. 

I pushed that voice to the side and told the dress consultant that I would take it. The price was right I felt like a princess, but at the counter when I went to pay something felt off. I took some time to really think about it and I ended up having them put it on hold and I walked away. That night I still thought about it, but in the sense that I didn't need it. Yes, I loved it, but I loved my original gown more. I loved the idea of having a second dress, but I felt like my original gown was more me and represented how I wanted to look on my wedding day.

I know they say you shouldn't try on anything after you say yes to the dress, but in my case it helped me workout how I was feeling about my original gown. I love everything about my dress and I can't wait to wear it.

If youre feeling like you didn't choose the right dress I say hunny you only live this life once so go out there and try on whatever you want. Maybe you'll find your dream dress (you can always sell your original gown) or maybe you'll realize that your original gown is perfect for you. Either way you need to do what right for you, not what right for everyone else. Remember at the end of the day it's your special day not theirs.


Xoxo-Ana

No comments:

Post a Comment