Pages

Detox•Mocktails

Hey loves! I know that the holiday festivities are beginning this weekend, but I'm already thinking about my New Years resolution. I'm saying I do in 2017 and I want to feel my absolute best. That's why I've been mixing up healthy mocktails to put me on the right track for 2017.

The first mocktail I mixed up was a pink detox tea. All you need is:
đź’–Sparkling Water (I get mine at Trader Joe's)
đź’–Fresh Lime
đź’–Cold Pressed Watermelon Juice
đź’–Apple Cider Vinegar with the mother (Braggs is the best).
You can take any cup I like to use a big mason jar  and fill it half way with sparkling water. Then I fill up the other half with the watermelon juice. I squeeze in the fresh lime and add 3 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar. ACV has so many amazing benefits you can read all about them here http://bit.ly/2dM21LD 
The next mocktail is exactly the same, only I used a pineapple cold pressed juice instead. Now it's important that the juices are cold pressed because it's holding in all the nutrients/enzymes that you want from drinking a juice. If you don't drink cold pressed juices your basically drinking flavored water. Your body is not absorbing any nutrients/enzymes because they don't last long after a juice is made. Some people go as far as saying that if you don't make a juice out of a cold pressed juicer then it's not keeping its nutrients/enzymes at all. This is because centrifugal juicers are using a system that heats up the juice and that takes out all the nutrients/enzymes almost immediately. You can read more about it here http://huff.to/1b7ez7Y 
The last mocktail that I whipped up was super easy because all I had to do was headed over to Starbucks. I to go ordered a venti shaken tea with lemonade and added a teaspoon of activated charcoal to it. Activated charcoal is s good for your body and draws out all toxins and impurities. I should mention that you shouldn't drink an activated charcoal drink daily it's not recommended. I like to have one 2 or 3 times a week. The activated charcoal that I use can be found here http://amzn.to/2i0m2RQ 

I hope you guys enjoy these yummy mocktails  and leave me a comment on my instgram page @fashionstylefoodie to let me know which one you're going to try in the new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment