Pages

3 way to wear a plaid blanket scarf

Hey loves,

I'm super excited to be posting this week because I teamed up with a bunch of fabulous ladies for a mini fashion series to bring you tons of fashionable content for the next 6 weeks! I hope you enjoy reading my post as well as all of theirs. After your done reading this post leave me a 🎃 emoji under my blog post photo on Instagram (@fashionstylefoodie), so I know you're a part of my blog-tribe. 💋

It's officially fall! Yes, I know it's been fall for a few weeks now, but the weather is really starting to change. The days are getting shorter and I'm breaking out all of my fall staples. I've noticed that lately I've been drawn to my plaid scarves. They're the perfect accessory for adding that extra touch to any fall outfit. In early fall, mornings can be crips and afternoons tend to be warm therefor my perfect layering option is a cozy blanket scarf. 

The one scarf I've been obsessing over lately has this gorgeous fall color palette with green, browns, burgundy and even some blue hues. I actually received this wardrobe staple from my fall fabfitfun box which I will be posting about at the end of the week. My favorite way to pair a blanket scarf is with a simple top, usually white if the scarf is busy, blue jeans and a cozy pair of boots. You can opt for flats, but Saturday was a chilly day and this outfit was perfect for a day of pumpkin picking. 

My favorite thing about blanket scarfs, besides the warmth they provide, is that their so versatile. You can wear a blanket scarf many different ways, but these are the three ways I love to wear mine. 


1. Draped. This is probably the most common way everyone wears their scarf it looks cute paired with a jacket/cardigan or just a stand alone accessory like I did. 


2. Wrapped. I'm always cold and when I say always I mean ALWAYS. If I ever say it's hot out then you know we're in a heat wave! I love to wrap myself up in a cozy blanket scarf. Especially on chilly mornings or just when I'm out and about running errands. It's the perfect way to stay warm while still looking fashionable and cute. 


3. Waist tie. Bringing back the 90s with this look. Okay not really, but I remember as a kid my mom used to always tie
my jacket around my waist and when it got to hot to wear, so why not do that with your scarf? Like I mentioned earlier sometimes you need a scarf for those chilly mornings, but you don't want to carry it around with you when the day warms up. Instead of stuffing it into your overflowing purse, just tie it around your waist! This will give you that chic grunge 90s vibe that everyone is still chasing from last fall. I'm really loving this look and if your bottom conscious then you'll love trying this look out. It gives off the appearance of a slim waist while hiding the areas you don't want to show off.


Give these looks a try and tag me on Instagram (@fashionstylefoodie) in them so I can see how you wore it! 

Clothing credits:
Top: body suite, miss guided // buy it here
Bottom: jeans, loft // buy similar pair here
Shoes: boots, UGG Australia // buy it here
Scarf: Mod Clothing// buy it here

Be sure to check out the other posts in this mini series below!


Jensyn of Stripes in Bloom // Paige of Hometown Heels // Heather of Heathered Hearts // Ana of Fashion Style Foodie


Chelsea of Simply Pett // Alexandra of Finding Alexandra // Lindsay of Middle of Somewhere


Megan of Being Mrs Fowler // Candice of Hello Pretties // Karli of Everyday Ellis

No comments:

Post a Comment