Pages

How to throw an event in 2 weeks or less





Hi loves,

I know it's been a minute since I've posted, but life has gotten super hectic around here. First off I got engaged and if you want to read all about my proposal you can check that out here.  Secondly I got a new job, yes I have a 9-5 and this new gig is pretty awesome so no complaints there. Thirdly I moved and I'm planing my wedding which is less then an year away! Lots of exciting things going on and tons of DIY projects that I will be sharing with you all very soon, so keep following! This post is all about how I pulled off my engagment party in just 2 weeks and how you can pull of a memorable party in a tight timeline too!

If you read my proposal story you know that I've been waiting for Daniel to propose for 8 years so it wasn't exactly a surprise that I had an idea in my head already for our engagement party. I always pictured our party outside under a tent with lots of lights. I wanted a glamorous affaire, but on a budget and I did just that.

We were engaged for almost two months and Daniel surprised me with picking out the venue which was fine, but the next surprise was that I had two weeks to pull it off 😳. Okay it wasn't such a shock we spoke about it being on September 4th for awhile and we even told close family & friends, so once it was official I got to work.

Tip number 1: how to get the word out fast and appropriately. Pick up the phone and start calling or texting. Tell your guests that you're sorry for the short notice, but you'd love it if they can attend your event. *Remember it's short notice you're going to get no's, but those who matter most will make an effort to be there for you, so just keep that in mind if you get disappointed with the responses.

Tip number 2: if you have any DIY projects get them done first! I had quite a few in mind for my engagment party, thanks to Pinterest, so as soon as I could I did my research and ordered the craft materials. I also went to Michaels and picked up everything I needed to get started. Remember some projects take time and if you start early you can spread out the steps over a few days. This way you won't feel as rushed.

Tip number 3: if your ordering props or anything online make sure you place your order ASAP. Be sure to look at the delivery date. This way you can make sure that everything will arrive when you need it and not the week after your party.

Tip number 4: if you plan on getting your hair and makeup done for the party make sure you book that as soon as you get the date. Same goes for your dress. If your ordering it online I recommend shelling out the extra cash for it to come in soon rather then later. This way if you have to exchange it for a different size/ style or alterations you'll have time to do so.

Tip number 5: looking to have live music at your party? Well less then a month for any event isn't ideal so go with your best option. All you can do is go off of recommendations and companies avilablities, but if you've never heard of the D.J, before ask them for some sample music or make a play list for them to go off of. No band or do available or not I'm the budget? No worries just create a playlist or pick out a few playlists you like from Spotify.

Tip number 6: The cake. We had 160 guests and a cake that large in Ny/Nj will run you $800 if your looking for a tier cake. To save money I asked them for a small tier cake as to a show piece and we fed the rest of our guests with a sheet cake that they keep in the back. Your guests will never know the difference and you will save yourself over $500!

Tip number 7: Recruit friends and family to help you. If you've already told your bridesmaids then you can get them to help you with all the party details. You're going to need as much help as you can get to pull of your event so don't be afraid to ask for help. Even from your fiancé, remember he wants the day to be just as nice as you do!

Tip number 8: If your party is at a venue see if you can set up the night before this way you can help
make your vision come to life. If that's out of the question, just make sure the restaurant crew or the people you recruited to help know exactly what you want. This way you can relax and get ready for your event in peace.

Tip number 9: Don't sweat the small stuff. If the flowers aren't he exact shade you wanted or the
napkins are off who cares no1 is going to notice those minor details but you so if you just let it go you'll have a much better time.
Tip number

10: Have fun! Yes I know it's hard to enjoy something when it's so last minute, but these are once in a lifetime experiences. Be sure to soak it all up and have fun while your running around like a crazy lady I know I did 😉

Here are a few images from the party.

Welcome sign & place cards both DIY
Overview of the space
Our Table
The Cake Table. I knew I wanted in incorporate our parents and grandparents into our wedding day and I thought this was a nice way of doing so. The cake stand was a DIY

No comments:

Post a Comment