Pages

Best Birthday Weekend Ever!

Hello my loves! For those of you that don't know I celebrated my birthday on July 1st and it was definitely one for the books. My boyfriend surprised me with a trip to Washington D.C which happens to be my favorite place to go. I love the museums, the food and even though it's a 5 hr car ride I don't mind it because every time we go there we make so many new and exciting memories. The first night we got there he took me to my favorite restaurant called MXDC. We had drinks and a delicious dinner. I love the atmosphere inside the restaurant and their lobster guacamole is so yummy!
The next day he took me on a Segway tour and for those of you that have never gone on a Segway tour I highly recommend it. At first I thought I was going to fall off and bust my ass because I'm probably the most clumsy person out there. I swear my perception is just so off its scary at times, but I figured if the 75 year old lady in our group could do it then so could I! I think what made it that much more enjoyable was that our tour guy was awesome. He took us to some cool spots that weren't even on the list, but are defiantly hidden local gems. One spot we went to was under a dome and if you stand directly in the center and sing the echoes just sound so beautiful. Not like sang a song because no dome had enough magical powers to get my voice to sound suitable for others to hear. Our tour guide did sing though and it was so cool, so if you can sing or just want to play around I suggest you check it out! The tour was 3 hrs long and we got to see so much more then we would've on foot.





Of course we got to stop at certain landmarks and take photos. My favorite spot by far had to be the Lincoln memorial. It was just so beautiful looking out to the Washington monument. Not many people know this, but if your at the Lincoln memorial the best spot to be is to walk around the back. It's so busy and loud around front, but as soon as you walk to the back its like you enter a different world. It's quit and so peaceful looking out onto the Arlington skyline. 
 After our Segway tour we went to lunch which was definitely my boyfriends favorite restaurant of the entire trip. I'm not much of a meat eater, but he was in all his glory at this BBQ spot, "Hills Country BBQ". 


After we stuffed outsells we decided to stop at a few museums to checkout some things that our tour guide had told us about, one being the butterfly exhibit in the museum of natural history. You walk in to a room and all the beautiful butterflies are flying around some will even land right on you if you're still enough. After that we went to a few other museums then we decided to start heading back home.
Since I have a big Italian family on July 3rd we had a family BBQ and it was such a nice day. Family, food and sunshine what more could you ask for on a holiday weekend?  
The next day however changed my life forever and completed my birthday weekend better then I ever could've imagined.The day started out like any other Fourth of July. I went swimming, did some sunbathing and spending time with family. That night my boyfriend and I had plans to see the fireworks at a town at we both love. Now as a side note my boyfriend and I have been together for 8 years and out of those 8 year we have not gone to see fireworks once, so needless to say I was so excited because I live for good firework show and for him to want to go see them with me made the night even more special. Once we got into town we noticed that the sky looked like it was going to rain. I check my apple weather app and it said it wasn't going to rain until 11pm. The fireworks were to start at 9pm so I figured we were fine. Right before the first firework went up it started to down pour! The BF knew how much I wanted to watch the show so we found a little awning and watch the fireworks as the rain came down. After waiting out the storm for a while, we decided to get going and ran to our car, at this point the rain was really coming down. We were heading back to his house when we passed the church that we go to. Now this church is literately 5 mins away from where we went to see the fireworks, but it did not rain in this town, not even one drop, in  fact it was such a beautiful and peaceful night there that my boyfriend asked me if I wanted to pull over and go for a walk. So we parked the car next to the church and walked around. He took me over to a beautiful spot and got down on one knee and promised to love me for the rest of my life and asked me to be his wife! I swear it was the most serial moment of my entire life and absolutely perfect in every way. I couldn't be happier and it's all because I get to marry by best friend!
This birthday weekend is absolutely my favorite birthday yet I don't know how any other birthday would be able to top it. It was full of adventure and beautiful memories that will last a lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment