Pages

New Mommy Gift Basket

Hello my loves,

If you follow me on Instagram @FashionStyleFoodie you already know that my sister and her husband welcomed this adorable face into the world last week. She has 10 little fingers and 10 tiny toes and shes absolutely perfect. It seems like every time I turn my head another one of my friends or family members is having a baby, it's total baby fever over here! I know that for the first born we typically have a baby shower and of course we had one for my sister, but I wanted to give her something special when she got home from the hospital.

I figured the baby has every outfit, bottle, bib and hair bow you can ever image, but what about mommy? After carrying baby for 9months and then everything that comes after baby arrives. I thought it was only fair to put together a little care package for my sister. I decided to through in a couple of things for baby and daddy too, but that's purely up to you. I also kept this basket under $100 you can set a limit or load it up either way a little gift to the new mom or any mom that just had a baby is greatly appreciated!



I filled my basket with items that would make the new mom feel good about her self like;

Green Tea Konjac Sponge: to help brighten up a tired complexion.
Dead Sea under eye treatment pads: for those days when you need help getting rid of dark circles.
Batiste Dry Shampoo: I'm not saying new moms don't shower, but when things get hectic sometimes you can't take the time to wash your hair so for those days I thought a dry shampoo would be helpful.
Orange Hydro Smoothing Cooling eye pads: These will help Mom feel relaxed, refreshed and ready to take on another hectic week.
Alba Organic Deodorant: When mom's decide to breastfeed  they need to be careful as to what deodorant they are applying making sure your deodorant is 100% certificated organic and aluminum free is very important.
By Nature Coconut Oil, Deep Conditioning Treatment: Although breastfeeding is the best option for newborns it take a toll on mom one side effect of breastfeed/post birth is brittle hair or hair-loss so i thought a deep conditioning treatment would be a nice at home fix to tryout.
Aroma therapy oils & Mini Machine: Having a new baby or adding to your family is beautiful, but also stressful. That's why its important for mom & dad to take moments for themselves to read a book or watch a show. Just make it that much more relaxing by adding some essential oil into the air to really create a calm and stress-free atmosphere.
Glass Bottle: Moms post birth should be drinking 7 bottles of water a day and if you haven't noticed I am a health freak, so I know how bad plastic is for our bodies. When I saw this adorable glass bottle I knew it would be the perfect addition to this new mommy basket.

I also added in a couple of food items for the new parents to share like these yummy Williams & Bennett Belgian Chocolate Drenched Cookie Sandwiches and a healthy Trail Mix.

Lastly I had to add in a couple of items for baby girl so I picked up a few items from The Honest Company Bath-Time Collection. Baby receive so many clothes and they can grow out of them so quickly, but bath-time supplies are always going to be welcome especially if they're full of clean ingredients.

I placed everything I purchased into a pretty mint green basket and tied it with a pink bow. I also put the deodorant in a cute little gift bag sealed with a decorative clothing pin to keep the personal item private. That was just my choice, but you can design your basket anyway you'd like! I also picked up that adorable card from papyrus, they always have pretty cards that fit every occasion.





No comments:

Post a Comment