Pages

Healthy Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

Hello my lovelies,

I hope you all had an amazing Thanksgiving! Mine was full of family food and making my family help me put together my save the dates for my massive wedding (insert evil laugh here). I know my brides and brides to be know you need to get the free help where you can😊. They came out perfectly by the way and I’m totally obsessed with them. I had to share an image with you guys because well did I mention I’m obsessed with them?


Before I explain how I made these delicious (healthy) cookies I need to talk Gilmore Girls. If you haven’t yet watched a year in the life 4 part Netflix’s mini-series, then scroll down because I wouldn’t want to ruin the epic ending to a fan favorite for you.  -I’ll wait go ahead scroll-

Okay perfect now that we settled that let’s chat GG! Okay so I’ve been a GG diehard from the beginning and I love that all the characters I loved came back except for Chad Michael Murry, but, I’ll get over that. It was full of everything; love, heartbreak and a Paris Gellar meltdown what more could you ask for? I’ll tell you – NOT LEAVING ME IN SUPENSE! Rory is preggers?! It better be Logan and her love baby not the product of a wookie one nighter! I do love Logan and Rory together, but I doubt even if they decide to have another mini-series that they’ll give that to us. Logan will be her Christopher and Jess will be her Luke (so predictable). Even if I wrote the ending I still want more. MORE MORE MORE, I feel like that commercial with the little kids you know the one, “I want more I want more, when you like it you want more”.  We’ll I guess we’ll have to wait and see if they plan on creating another mini-series, but until then I’ll assume that Logan marries the rich French girl while Rory has his baby and she doesn’t tell him (hints the scene she had with her dad). She’ll fall in love with Jess then Logan will come back into the picture want to be a “father”, but his own father will come in-between them ending whatever romance could’ve been. Then Rory will ultimately end up with Jess, but hey that’s just my opinion leave me yours in the comments!



Okay so now lets get into how i made these delicious healthy cookies. I don't know about you guys, but I ate tons of food over the holiday weekend and now it's time to get serious about my wedding bod. I'm all about moderation and not starving myself so I found this delicious cookie recipe from Averie cooks and modified it to be slightly healthier then her version. They're very simple to whip up and unlike many other recipes I've tried these cookies came out moist and chewy! I hope you guys enjoy making them as much as I did. Go ahead and leave me a 🍌πŸͺ emoji on my Instagram post so I know you came from my blog. @FashionStyleFoodie

Ingredients:

  • 1 large egg
  • 2 small/medium 
  • 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
  • 1/4 cup palm sugar 
  • 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened (1/2 of 1 stick)
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned gluten free whole rolled oats. not instant or quick-cook 
  • 1 1/4 cups your favorite gluten free flour (I used coconut flour)
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon, added to taste
  • 1/2 tablespoon of chia seeds (optional)
  • 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • A pinch of sea salt 
  • 1 1/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips

Directions:

  1. To the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or large mixing bowl and electric mixer) combine the egg, bananas (I leave them whole and don't pre-mash them before adding to bowl), sugars, butter, vanilla, and beat on medium-high speed until well combined, about 4 minutes. The mixture won't be smooth, fluffy, or 'creamed' like traditional cookie dough and will have small chunks of bananas present and it's on the runnier side.
  2. Stop, scrape down the sides of the bowl, and add the oats, flour, chia seeds, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, salt, and beat on low speed until just combined, about 1 minute.
  3. Stop, scrape down the sides of the bowl, and add the chocolate chips, and beat on low speed until just combined, about 30 seconds.
  4. Using a large cookie scoop, 1/4-cup measure, or your hands, form approximately 14 equal-sized mounds of dough. Tip - Strategically place a few chocolate chips on top of each mound of dough by taking chips from the underside and adding them on top.
  5. Place mounds on a large plate or tray, cover with plasticwrap, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, up to 5 days. This is a wetter, looser dough and isn't suitable for baking until it's been chilled. Do not bake with unchilled dough because cookies will bake thinner, flatter, and be more prone to spreading.
  6. Preheat oven to 350F, line a baking sheet with a Silpat or spray with cooking spray. Place dough mounds on baking sheet, spaced at least 2 inches apart (I bake 8 cookies per sheet) and bake for about 13 minutes (for very soft cookies, longer for more well-done cookies), or until edges have set and tops are just set, even if slightly undercooked, pale, and glossy in the center; don't overbake. Cookies firm up as they cool. Baking times could range widely due to the moisture content variances in bananas, climate and oven variances; bake until your cookies are done. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for about 10 minutes before serving. I let them cool on the baking sheet and don't use a rack.
  7. Cookies will keep airtight at room temperature for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 6 months. Alternatively, unbaked cookie dough can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, or in the freezer for up to 4 months, so consider baking only as many cookies as desired and save the remaining dough to be baked in the future when desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment