Pages

DIY Gold Dipped Centerpieces

Hello my loves,

If your here you prob found me on Instagram @fashionstylefoodie, be sure to follow my blog so you don't miss any fun DIY and beauty/fashion posts coming up! 

Okay so I'm moving forward with the DIY train with another project from my engagement party. This project was so simple and will save you a ton of money on your centerpiece. This is how I created my dipped in gold DIY centerpieces!

I love the look of a floral arrangement on tables for a party, I mean who doesn't,but they can get pricey. Because of this factor I opted to make my own and you can too if you follow these easy steps.

First figure out how many tables your going to have and if you want any extra arrangements to decorate the room I needed 16 arrangements all together so I went on www.wholesaleglassvasesint.com and ordered the 12 pack of the cylinder cases -Size: Open-3", Height-12". As well as 4 individuals. Once my vases came in I headed over to Lowes and picked up metallic gold spray paint to give the cases that dipped in gold look as well as painting tape. 

Once you have all of your supplies make sure you clean your vases before your start and that they're completely dry. Tape off the bottom of your vases with the painters tape. You want to make sure your pretty precise with the tape and wrap it tightly around the vase. This way you will not leave room for the paint to drip through or come out uneven. You can tape off the vases at any length I chose to do 3/4 from the base of the vase.

After you tape all of your vases bring them out side along with your spray paint. Find an open spot and lightly coat each vase being sure not to leave any spots unsprayed. You can spray the bottom of the vase if you'd like, I choose to do so. If you do spray the bottom of the vase let the vase dry upside down on a flat surface. If not your can let the vase dry right side up on a flat surface. 

Once the vases are completely dry then you can gently peel off the tape from the vase. If your paint comes up a bit don't panic you can a take some of the paint color with a small paint brush and make little touch-ups. I didn't have to do this step and you shouldn't either if you use painters tape! 

That's all their is to it! I filled my vases with baby pink colored roses and white hydrangeas. You can use any freshly cut flowers you want. *Here is a helpful floral tip if you go with a more full flower like a hydrangea, your vases will look more full and save you money in the long run. A lot of people also grow hydrangeas so if your mom or aunt has a bush full of these beautiful flowers see if they'll let you have a few for your centerpieces usually family members are more then willing to lend a helping hand, but don't just go cutting your neighbors hydrangea tree without asking for permission 😅
As a finishing touch the day of he party I placed my vases on a round mirror plate which can be found here at Michaels arts and craft stores. I also placed white tea-lights on the mirror and added a simple pink and gold table number on each table which I also found at Michaels. 

I really loved how my DIY centerpieces came out and I pulled off all of my projects in just 2weeks! You can read all about that here in my, "how to throw an event in 2 weeks or less" blog post.



No comments:

Post a Comment