Pages

Beauty Smoothie

Beauty Smoothie with He Shou Wu


Hey babes,

I've been whipping up so many different smoothies for the past 5 years so I'd say I'm somewhat of a smoothie connoisseur. I've tried all types of mylks, juices even waters to get the perfect base. I've obsessed over frozen fruit to liquid ratios to get that awesome ice cream like consistency. I've also played around with proteins and supplements to create filling and beneficial smoothies that are actually enjoyable.

My new favorite smoothie to make I've dubbed the "Beauty Smoothie". I call it the beauty smoothie because first of all it's such a beautiful pink color, but also because it has He Shou Wu in it. I'll get into details about this supplement later, but it's kind of a biotin, only WAY better. For those of you that don't know what biotin is, it's taken for your hair, skin and nails aka beauty. 

I heard about He Shou Wu while doing my research on the brand Sun Potion. Which I heard about through Jeannette aka Shut the Kale up. I was in the market for a new biotin supplement and when I found this one it seemed perfect. It claims to help promote collagen, stop premature grays, that alone sold me on this product, but I dug deeper and found out that He Shou Wu is a Superior Blood and Longevity Tonic. WHAT?! yes please, and as claimed on the sun potion website it has a history of use as a longevity, anti-aging, blood-building, beauty, & rejuvenation food. Regular consumption of this herb may do the following:
  • tonify and nourish the blood, hair, skin, nervous system, sexual center, shen (Spirit), and Jing (primary essence/life force)may help reduce cholesterol
  • a tonic for the endocrine glands
  • may help improve stamina 
  • good for resistance to cold
  • promotes red blood cells
  • enhances immune function
  • increases antioxidant activity 

Yes, Yes and Yes I'm all about all of those things who wouldn't be?? 

Once it came in I wanted to start experimenting with it and what better way to do that then whipping up a smoothie aka the Beauty Smoothie. I choose raspberries for this smoothie bc they have so many health benefited including Healthy Tissues and Blood Vessels: Raspberries are full of Vitamin C which helps repair skin tissues and aids in cell regeneration of the skin, bones, ligaments and blood vessels. They also help  aid in weight loss, Raspberry is low in fat and high in fiber, so they’ll fill you up without weighing you down with extra calories. They’re also full of water and potassium which will stave off dehydration and all the unpleasant side-effects that accompany it. 

I chose to use bananas in this smoothie too because not only do they give that perfect creamy consistency, but Bananas Contain Powerful Antioxidants which is perfect for any beauty regimen. 

 Recipe :
1 sliced up frozen banana
1/2 of frozen raspberries
1 cup of cashew milk
1 teaspoon of He Shou Wu

 Directions :
Place everything into your Vitamix / blender and MIX MIX MIX
Until you see that everything is well combined. you know you have the perfect smoothie when you have a pretty four corner design that stay there even when the blender is turned off. 







No comments:

Post a Comment