Pages

Golden Milk Energy Balls




Hey babes,

As you all know I've been going strong on this food lifestyle change I made at the beginning of the new year. With my new clean eating I've been trying tons of new foods and beverages some I like some I don't, BUT golden milk is prob one thing that I really love. Especially because the Gaia herb golden milk mixture makes it so convenient (no this isn't sponsored I just really love this stuff). I love it so much that I knew their had to be other ways I could use I like a truffle of some sorts. Now for those of you that don't know I used to own a cake truffle company so I pretty much want to turn anything I find delicious into a cake truffle that's where I came up with the idea of golden milk energy balls. I did my homework and apparently I wasn't the first to think of this idea Arman from the blog "The Big Mans World" came up with an awesome recipe and I just modified it to use Gaia herb golden milk mixture and to make it raw too. (Gaia Herb Golden Milk can be found here)

 A lot of people asked me on my Instagram post (@fashionstylefoodie , yes that was a shameless plug go follow me!), if these golden milk balls actually do give you "energy". Not in the artificial energy sense. Meaning that they're not going to hype you up like an energy drink, but in the natural sense it does give you energy. They keep you full and focused when you need to be. I find that 1 or 2 will do it, but their so yummy I find myself going for a third.

If you want to know all the amazing benefits of golden milk you can check out that post here.

Add in wet ingredients
Mix dough with your hands
Roll dough into mini cake balls
Add in toppings
Toss in toppings
Cake Ball perfection :-)
Now for the precise recipe aka my take on golden milk energy balls

Ingredients
* 1 3/4 cups gluten-free oat flour
* 1/4 cup coconut flour (can sub for almond or extra oat flour)
* 2 T granulated sweetener of choice (I used organic coconut sugar)
* 1 Tbls of Gaia herb golden milk mixture
* 1/4 cup refined coconut oil
* 1 tsp pure vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
* 1/4 cup cashew butter (can substituted for any nut butter)
* 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
* 1 Tbls milk - your choice, I used cashew.
* Extra coconut sugar and golden milk mixture, to roll bites in

Directions:

1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sweetener, golden milk mixture and mix well.
2. In another bowl mix your vanilla extract. Pour your wet mixture and coconut oil to the dry mixture and mix well. Depending on consistency, either add dairy free milk of choice or extra flour until a firm texture is formed.
3. Using your hands, form into small bite sized balls. Roll balls in optional granulated sweetener/golden milk mixture and place on a baking tray or plate. Refrigerate for at least 10 minutes to firm up.

No comments:

Post a Comment